Can I Use Vinegar For Lid Scrubs For Blepharitis?

Asked by Anonymous - Can I Use Vinegar For Lid Scrubs For Blepharitis? :
Is it ok to try using apple cider vinegar for doing eyelid scrubs?  Vinegar kills bacteria right?  I was thinking about trying this but dont want to do if it something bad with the eyes would occur i'm not sure.

Anonymous Says:
I can tell you what my opthamologist told me.  He said use baby shampoo and warm wash cloth.  The goal is to shampoo the base of the eye lashes, and dont over scrub them to hard because that will inflame it, you want to gently shampoo the eyelids especially at the base of the eyelashes and rinse it.  I think using vinegar or apple cider vinegar may risk burning in the eyes if you get any in there at all.  

I'll ask my opthamologist next time I'm in there as I have a checkup coming up.   I'll post back here when its done.

Anonymous Says:
Here is something I recently learned that everyone should take note of if you have eye problems from the bacteria or blepharitis type issues.  For 10 years I was going to eye doctor and when they said do lid scrubs I washed in the shower in the morning, but never really took it seriously with the eye lids other then that, and of course I continued to have dry eyes and itchy eyes from this.  Finally I read elsewhere that people with the exact same symptoms as me said I needed to do it 2 or 3 times every day.

Anyways for the past month, I started taking it much more serious.  Every morning I use baby shampoo and rub little circles all way up and down my eye lashes (I can feel the top eye lashes pushing up when I do this).  You dont have to do it hard, dont rough it up, just clean it like this.  It probably takes me 30 seconds of doing these along the eye line.  Then I also soap and wash my face to get rid of all oil including the eyebrows (think that you need to get rid of oil everywhere there).  I've done this every day morning, sometimes mid day, and always before bed.  This means twice a day every day, sometimes 3 times.

The opthamologist just told me its the best he has ever seen the blepharitis on me.  It works.  He said on a scale of 1 to 10, its under a 2, this is the first time in years the doctor has said anything positive related to this to me.   The bottom line is you just have to take it serious.

Add your reply below ...

Your Nickname:

Your Reply:

Type the code: