View Other Tips Iphone Apps
Posted by Guest - Iphone - Cannot Connect Iphone To Computer :|
Trying to connect iphone but haven't connected it to the computer in a while. It never shows up in itunes as if its not even connected, I haven't done anything to damage the iphone, never dropped it, just haven't connected to the computer in a long time. I also want to do a backup but now cant.
Try the following steps.
1) Open Itunes on your computer.
2) Connect the iphone with the USB cable.
3) Give it 30 seconds and see if it appears in Itunes. If it still doesn't appear, unplug the USB chord and then plug it back in again. Wait 30 seconds and see if it appears in itunes.
4) If still not showing, unplug the USB and plug it into a new USB connection on the computer, usually there are several, and you need to try each one by one.
5) If still not showing, look at the iphone connection where the chord connects to the phone. Make sure there is no lint or dust in there. Make sure everything looks normal in the connections. Brush it out lightly with a dry toothbrush if anything in it. This can definitely affect it if lint, etc, is in there. Reconnect and see if it shows in itunes now.
6) If still not showing, the chord could actually be bad, this happens. Plug it into wall using that chord to charge just to make sure the chord works fine.
7) Reboot your computer and try again.
Add your reply below ...
This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters. You may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give.
Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers
related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe
questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to
go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator
feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).
"BlurBorder" - Get the app
Square any photo instantly.
Creates blurry border effects.
Also includes faded border effects.
For Iphone, Ipod, and Ipad.