Where Does Iphone Backup Files Too?

View Other Tips        Iphone Apps

Posted by Guest - Where Does Iphone Backup Files Too? :
I'm trying to find my backed up files from the iphone on a windows pc.  I just did the backup, itunes said everything was fine, but where are they?  Also are the backed up files visible?  Meaning all the sms messages, photos, videos, etc?

ron Says:
I just answered the other phone question related to this too. On windows all file data is always stored (not only iphone but other software data too) at users -(user name)- AppData - Roaming.  So the iphone backups are in the apple folder within at users -(user name)- AppData - Roaming - Apple Computer - MobileSync - Backup

Note that if you are on an older windows version like XP then the folders are different they are similiar but are at Documents and Settings - (user name) - Application Data - Apple Computer - MobileSync - Backup

You will see multiple backups stored there, and the date on the one folder will be recent if you just backed it up.

Guest Says:
Ron, is the data visible?  What is actually in those because I can't seem to read any of that data there.

ron Says:
All that data is basically a sqlite database, so no its not readable just be browsing it. There are software programs that will read it though so yes it is visible, it will be pictures, sms messages, iphone settings, apps data like for games and stuff, safari phone browser autofill data, etc.  

Note that if you really want to make sure it can't be read then in itunes choose the encrypted option and it will be password protected on your computer then, so no one could read it.  I usually don't do this, but if you are concerned about others snooping, then that option should be used. I also just keep most of my iphone sms messages deleted, etc., no reason for me to keep all that old junk anyways.

Note also that there are apps that you can run on your phone (not on computer) that will show you all kinds of stuff on your phone too, including alot of previously deleted stuff, etc.

one more thing, if you want to copy pictures from your iphone, then just connect itunes and then open windows explorer with the iphone connected to the pc also (you must have itunes open), then windows explorer will allow you to copy the pictures just like a regular harddrive, just click the owners iphone drive in explorer and you will see everything.

Guest Says:
Great, thanks

Guest Says:
I don't understand how to do this! im looking everywhere on my desktop for "user" "appdata" "roaming" ect. Please help me understand this asap! thankyou

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters. You may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

"BlurBorder" - Get the app

• Square any photo instantly.
  • Creates blurry border effects.
  • Also includes faded border effects.
  • For Iphone, Ipod, and Ipad.

• Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Front Page

Spyware/Task Database

Computer Tips (Main Page)