Somebody Posted Fake Complaint About My Business

View All Questions

Ask a New Question

Posted by Ren - Somebody Posted Fake Complaint About My Business :
SOMEONE HAS  A WEBSITE THAT APPEARS RIGHT UNDER MY WEBSITE
THAT LISTS FAKE COMPLAINT ABOUT OUR BUSINESS.
I TRIED TO FIND OUT WHO OWNS THE WEB SITE ITS VERY MYSTEROUS AND I CAN GET NO INFO ON IT AND ON THE FAKE COMPLAINT POSTED THAT BASICALLY SLAMS MY BUSINESS!
SO FAR BUSINESS IS ALMOST DEAD NO ORDERS SINCE THEY LISTED THE FAKE COMPLAINT . I EMAILED THEM TO FIND OUT WHO WAS THE COMPLAINT LISTED BY ETC TO GET DETAILS AND TO RECTIFY ANY PROBLEM THAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED . THE COMPANY THAT LISTS THE FAKE COMPLAINT NEVER RESPONDED TO ME OR MY EMAIL.
NOW TODAY I GOT A CALL FROM A STRANGE MAN WHO SAID THAT THERE IS A VERY BAD COMPLAINT ON LINE RIGHT UNDER MY WEBSITE.... AND HE REPEATED THE COMPLAINT TO ME ON THE PHONE THEN SAID - YOU KNOW WE CAN REMOVE THE COMPLAINT OFF OF THE INTERNET FOR YOU BECAUSE IT IS MAKING YOU LOOSE MONEY. I CAN REMOVE THE COMPLAINT FOR A PRICE - HE MENTIONED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. I AM SURE THE GUY ON THE PHONE IS CONNECTED TO THE COMPLAINT FAKE WEB SITE THAT SLAMED MY COMPANY - BUT I DONT KNOW WHO TO CONTACT OR WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. ANY IDEAS WHO TO CONTACT POLICE FBI WHO ??

Guest Says:
It definitely sounds like a scam.  I would start with going to netsol.com (network solutions) and find the whois section, then put in the website and see where it is registered.  Even if they have the site anonymous, it will list who the domain name is registered under, then contact that domain company and see if they will remove the fraud site, and also show them the email that was sent.  I have no idea what they will do, but thats a good starting point.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters. You may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

See All Tips        Iphone Apps

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Front Page

Spyware/Task Database

Computer Tips (Main Page)