Aol Email Asking For My Pass Word

View All Questions

Ask a New Question

Main Question - Posted From Paul:
Received the email below. Its asking for my pass word. Is this ligit?
Paul Hare
pwhare2@aol.com

Subject: Email Account Verification Notice
Date: 6/17/2010 6:26:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Reply To:  
To: pwhare2@aol.com
CC:  
BCC:  
Sent on:  

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Dear AOLMail@aol.com,

Please note that in order for AOL to ensure that we are providing unlimited mail storage to legitimate AOL Mail users, we may ask you to periodically verify your identity. This verification process helps us to eliminate automated programs that save excess amounts of junk mail and large files to our servers. These automated programs slow down the AOL Mail service for legitimate AOL Mail users.

Please take a moment and click http://challenge.aol.com/storage.html to verify your account. Failure to respond to this verification request may impact your ability to receive unlimited storage for your AOL Mail account. It only takes a minute and helps us provide you the best e-mail experience possible.

Thanks,
The AOL Mail Team

Guest Says:
Nope, stick to the rule.  Never give out password information to anyone via email.  No one will ever ask for this type of information in email .... ever.

Hans Tippmann Says:
Need storage on AOL

Hans Tippmann Says:
Need to store e-mail files on AOL Storage

Guest Says:
AOL free webmail has unlimited email storage already today

Joe Bartlett Says:
This is a confusing, complicated, suspicious, gratuitous way to communicate, and the purpose is highly qluestionable.
If this is the best AOL can do, I must be with the wrong server.
genjoeret

lynne douglas Says:
what do you want?

Guest Says:
I keep getting this request daily - i keep submitting it as spam, but it still is there every day!  How do I stop it and how does it keep getting through the spam alert?

Guest Says:
If you keep reporting it using the spam button, then it should automatically roll to your spam folder on new ones that come in.  Also on aol, what I use is one "good" email address for all my friends, then one "garbage" email address for all other stuff, this elmiinates most spam and works great. Email ids are free so just use 2 separate ones, the good one is only used for talking to friends, NOTHING else.  The garbage email is used for online ordering, confirmation emails, anything not friend related.  Spam occurs because those email confirmations and online orders become known to others and officially become spam targets.  The friends emails will always remain spam free.

Martha Says:
Need to store my eamail files on AOL storage.

Martha Says:
I need to store my eamail files in AOL storage.  Thanks

jquestion Says:
how do I get rid of this request ?

Guest Says:
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS REQUEST? I JUST CREATED A NEW ACCOUNT AND EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEND AN EMAIL, THIS POPS UP. WHAT DO I DO TO GET RID OF IT PERMANENTLY?

http://challenge.aol.com/en/us/spam.html

Guest Says:
I know what the site says but how do I get rid of the notic that won't let me e-mail?

Guest Says:
I use aol email all the time, both on webmail and using the aol software.  I have never seen a popup on this even once, what exactly do you people see popping up on email?  When does the popup happen?  What exactly is the msg?

jim barney Says:
i already pay aol for their service, why are they limiting my email account?524953

Guest Says:
aol has unlimited email storage, even for free email accounts

kim derrick Says:
i can not login in to my email

NORASHIKIN BT ABDUL AZIZ Says:
PLEASE APPROVE MY EMAIL FOR MY PASS WORD malaysian_ashiqin@mobogenei.com.my  /   http://frommalaysian_ashiqin.aol.com/es/us/spam.html

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

See All Tips        Iphone Apps

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Main Menu

Tasks and Spyware Database

Front Page - Computer Help