Same Email Address

Main Menu        Computer Tips        Software Downloads Menu

Main Question - Posted From Sharon:
I am getting e-mails from my screen name. How can someone else do that? This is how it is addressed. I never open them, but right click to see the source. To: sharin3145@aol.com From: James Lotze... sharin3145@aol.com Subject: Is 9 p.m. ok? So, how do I fix it so he can't continue to do this?

Moderator Says:
Just ignore it, no one has your email password or email address, its just a virus on someone else's computer that read your name from their address book. Many virus or spam writers do this, randomly using your email address as the sender, but its not really your email, just software randomly using your email address is all it is. There is nothing you can do about it, just virus and spam junk and this happens all the time.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Main Menu

Shareware and Freeware Database

Tasks and Spyware Database

Various Computer Help Topics