Is Clearwire Internet Good For Gaming?

View All Questions

Ask a New Question

Main Question - Posted From Guest:
Has anyone tried the high speed clearwire internet service for this? I want to switch because the price is alot better, but I wonder if its good for gaming? Does the wireless internet connection ever drop or disconnect?

JR Says:
I tried the free monthly trial offer they gave, basically you just take a modem and plug it in, then connect to your computer, clearwire is really easy to get started, but for gaming its not as good as cable or dsl, at least for the high speed gaming like first person shooter games. Clearwire worked good for me ohter then that though, browsing and email were all no problem. I didn't keep the service simply because I wanted to keep playing the games I was using. I'm sure if your games are card playing and things like that its probably no problem, but first person shooters every ping or frame counts so need to pay for the best connection. Also clearwire never dropped on me once when I used it, but I would recommend picking up the modem and doing a 1 month trial or grab that at their trade shows where they offer this deal because it will depend on your area of course and what coverage you have, just don't get locked into a long contract until you know what your connection area covers (and some salesmen like best buy, etc., may always tell you that you have connection simply because they want the sale, so try a trial period if you can). The cost of clearwire is very good though, around $30 bucks compared to the raping cost that comcast, time warner, or bellsouth will charge you, so their cost is great.

Guest Says:
agreed, most bad reports I see on clearwire and related to no service in the area when a salesman said it would be fine. keep in mind the guys at best buy and circuit city, etc, are not working for clearwire and they will tell you anything. Also read your agreements to know when contracts end or startup again, or see if you can do month to month internet service after 6 months, etc.

Guest Says:
Internet speeds change alot over time also, so really you have to try again to see because the speed is always improving. The modems are improving all the time also.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

See All Tips        Iphone Apps

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Main Menu

Shareware and Freeware Database

Tasks and Spyware Database

Various Computer Help Topics