Delphi Wont Debug (crashes) On Vista 64bit

Main Menu        Computer Tips        Software Downloads Menu

Main Question - Posted From Guest:
Running Delphi on a Vista 64bit machine constantly crashes when a breakpoint in the debugger is set. This is the codegear RAD studio I'm running, but on Vista 32bit this runs without a problem. The crazy thing is that everything compiles fine, you just can't step through the code any way without a nasty crash. I actually ran this on a 32bit Vista computer without a problem.

Jay Says:
It has nothing to do with Vista 64, the 2007 Win32 RAD will run fine on 64bit Vista computers. The problem is with Logitech, if you have quickcam software installed that will cause this problem with Delphi, doesn't matter if its 32bit Vista or 64 bit Vista, it will occur on either one and you probably didn't have the logitech software installed on the other 32 bit computer. The solution is to kill the 2 logitech services that are in your startup (and kill the running logitech processes in the background). On mine I just killed the service LVPrcSrv.exe (and one other one, I forget it now but its right next to LVPrcSrv.exe in your services). The Delphi 2007 Win32 RAD runs like a charm after doing this. Stupid logitech hasn't fixed the problem, its up to them to resolve it. I won't be buying a logitech webcam again, trust me on that one, they were notified of this problem long ago and still haven't fixed their crap.

Guest Says:
it amazes me that stupid logitech services coudl affect the delphi compiler and debugger like that, hard to believe that is the problem but I've also read this elsewhere on the web

Filip Lesnak Says:
But I have same problem here and no webcam installed at all. This problem must be somewhere else.

Guest Says:
See if you still have those services running .... there are several of them. Everything else in Delphi ran fine for me except the breakpoints in the debugger, until I killed those services then everything in Delphi was as expected again.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Main Menu

Shareware and Freeware Database

Tasks and Spyware Database

Various Computer Help Topics