Aol Is A Virus

Main Menu        Computer Tips        Software Downloads Menu

Main Question - Posted From Guest:
AOL has become a virus. I am using the free software and i have aol.exe and aolascd.exe and waol.exe and aolsoftware.exe ALL running in my tasklist. You can even get rid or disable the aol crap in the system tray. What a joke this company has become.

Guest Says:
It's obvious the people that wrote the aol software dont actually use the software. Otherwise they would know about all the little crap that is annoying with their software and they would actually make an attempt to fix it. Just because software is free doesn't mean people will use it. No matter how much you polish a turd, in the end its still a turd.

Moderator Says:
Use only their webmail, you can sign up for a free aol id and just use browser mail. Their free browser webmail is one of the best by far imo, great spam filter and very good interface and features. However.... that being said their client software is a joke.... annoying .... slow ...... buggy ..... resource hog....

ann Says:
I count 4 aol tasks running in the background just from installing their software. Of course even removing them does not do any good since the tasks just start up again and again.

Guest Says:
Did you see that the aol client now has ANOTHER popup window. It has an aol search popup window everytime you sign on. Jeez that company has no clue as to what they are doing, I can see more and more people not using their client software even if its free. I use it only for email because I like their web email and also their client email, but I immediately close their popups, NEVER use their internal browser, and its basically just email software for me.

linnard Says:
how to get rid of the aol monkey

Guest Says:
The worst part is that their client used to be a very good email program, allowing you to swap between multiple email ids, now its just full of popup crap, even popup search crap as if no one knows how to go to google and do searches. It really has become a disaster, they do have good web email but the buck stops there, you won't see me use their client software ever again, its a releif having it uninstalled.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Type in verification code:

Main Menu

Shareware and Freeware Database

Tasks and Spyware Database

Various Computer Help Topics