How Much Does An Accoutant Cost For Taxes?

Main Menu        Computer Tips        Software Downloads Menu

Main Question - Posted From RD:
How much does it cost to usee an accountant for taxes? Or is a place like h & r block a better place to get taxes done.

Anonymous Says:
I used an accountant for my taxes and prices can vary alot. It most likely will cost around $500 for taxes that include w-2, schedule c, schedule d, etc. Mine were probably more because I had income from a w-2 wage job and personal business, and had stock sales, depreciation, etc. Thats probably more tax forms then most, as they will charge you based on the number of tax forms you need. The tax software is very good today, you can do alot of this yourself unless you really have zero knowledge on taxes or how they work, but the software does alot of it for you now (turbo tax, taxcut, and taxact are the 3 main tax software programs to choose from). If you know nothing about it, I would recommend having H&R block do your taxes or an accountant the first year you have all the extra tax forms required, then you know whats all required and use the tax software the following years.... just my opinion.

accountant? Says:
If you want to meet with an accountant (rather then do taxes) to discuss how to handle your writeoffs or taxes first (to know what paperwork you should save, what can or can't be written off, etc.), you can call them and ask their hourly rate and tell them you want to meet for a 1/2 hour or hour. It will probably cost about $70 an hour (some are less, some are more, I did this and just made sure they were a CPA, so some may be cheaper), but that may be worth it to get a handle around what you want to do and what steps you need to get started.

Add your reply below ...

This site allows you to ask questions and get answers from various posters, you may also answer any posts if you feel like you have input to give. Feel free to ask for help with any new question you wish, but most of the questions here are tech related. You will find many questions and answers related to your Ipod or Ipod Nano, Itunes, audio and video converting, spyware or adware cleanup, pc or other computer questions, and even mainframe questions. Although these are the tech questions most often asked, you will find help on almost any computer or software related subject. Feel free to go to the main menu and review the posts already present, or feel free to ask your own question. (Some questions will be closed once the moderator feels they are sufficiently answered and that no other input is needed).

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Main Menu

Shareware and Freeware Database

Tasks and Spyware Database

Various Computer Help Topics