Networm-i.virus@fp

View All Questions

Ask a New Question

Main Question - Posted From Guest:
Can someone tell me what this means? I have a window in lower right of my screen with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point that states: "Security Alert: NetWorm-i.Virus@fp Type: Virus/Network Worm Damage Level: High Description: Virus that infects executable files. Recommendation: Delete/quarantine immediately. Protection: Click this baloon (sic) to download certified Antivirus software.

Reply From Guest:
Don't click on it! Its a virus and they are trying to get you to download additional garbage. Your virus checker should remove this.

Reply From Guest:
To remove that trojan, look for the following folder: C:Program FilesVideoKeyCodec You need to delete the entire videokeycodec folder, but you won't be able to unless you terminate the tasks running first. In your tasklist look for the 2 names pmsngr.exe and isamonitor.exe and terminate the process for each of these, then go delete the folder I listed.

Reply From TomJ:
I think this is called virusburst but I could be wwrong.

Reply From Guest:
Look for C:WINDOWSsystem32dpfwu.dll also, that DLL is running at your startup and should be removed. You need to remove it from startup so it cannot run everytime you reboot your computer

Add your reply below ...

Your Name:

Your Reply:

View the task list and spyware database

View various computer help topics