Aim Screen Name

Main Menu        Computer Tips        Software Downloads Menu

Main Question - Posted From Guest:
I want to keep my aim screenname but I don't want to keep the aol account. any way to do this?

Reply From Guest:
I believe you can keep your AIM screen name now, no matter whether or not you cancel your AOL account. It's been this way for a while now, I know several that have cancelled and kept their AIM name. AOL is much more open now, it used to be that you had to keep the AOL account (they had a 4.95 a month plan which many did), but its just like now you can get free AIM screen names and you don't have to have the AOL account.

Reply From Joe:
Cancelling your AOL will NOT make you lose your screen name for the AIM instant messenger......

Reply From Guest:
AIM is great, AOL is not. Just my opinion. I see they also have "aimpages" now, similiar to myspace, and AIM also has free incoming phone calls directly to your IM now, thats pretty cool. AIM is doing it right, plus you can get your own phone number for people to call your IM, all free.... its pretty slick what they are doing.

Reply From KRISTEN:
ALL I WANNA KNO IS WERE IS MY BUDDY LIST.I LOG IN AND I DO NOT KNO WERE IT IS IT DOESNT POP UP .IF ANY OF U KNO HOW TO WORK CAN U EMAIL ME.THANKS

Reply From KRISTEN:
I WANNA CHANNGE MY SN CAUSE MINE IS SHORT AND STUPID IT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH ME OR WUT I LIKE OR WUT I LIKE DOIN.I NEED TO CHANGE MINE. HOLLA AT ME IF U NEED TO CHANGE YOURS. I DONT LIKE MY SN CAUSE EVERY ONE I TRY THAT I LIKE IT IS TAKN.WELL TTYPL.

Reply From Guest:
Actually your buddy list displays automatically, so I'm not sure what your question is? Both AIM and AOL IM work the same, once you add buddies they display in your list. AIM has ALOT of customers, many screen names are taken. Try adding a character or number after the name, or altering the screenname a bit.

Reply From Guest:
AOL has so many past customers, remember that AOL and AIM are both combined, so that is ALOT of people, screennames will not be easy to find. But thats true with any of the big services now. As far as where the buddylist is..... I use AIM Pro and it displays right there on the main window... you can't miss it so I'm not sure why you can view it. You did add some buddy names right?? If you don't add your buddy names then obviously it will not show.

Reply From stupid:
you are stupid

Reply From Juliana:
OK... I love this guy But he doesnt love me.. I just dont know what should I do??

Reply From Guest:
I always have terrible trouble with comment-related plugins that require me to put some line in the comment loop; I can never seem to find the right spot. Can anyone tell me where I should put the php line in my comments loop? I haven not modified anything much, and I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Reply From Guest:
Aol is now free if you have any cable or dsl connection, so I assume you posted this before aol went free. Actually I just tried my aol password in aim, curious to see if it worked, and of my 5 aol ids that I have it worked on 3 of them. Strange that it didn't work for the other 2, I have had my aol ids for many years so maybe at one time I actually did something to activate the aol id's for aim also separately, but I'm not sure.

Add your reply below ...

Your Name:

Your Reply:

Jump back to the main page

View the shareware and freeware database

View the song lyrics database

View the task list and spyware database

View various computer help topics